- 20th-century Decorative Art
- Arms and Armour
- Books, Manuscripts and Maps
- Classical Antiquities, Coins and Medals
- Clocks, Barometers and instruments
- Jewellery, Snuff Boxes and Miniatures
- Medieval art
- Modern Art
- Oriental and Asian Art
- Paintings, Drawings and Prints
- Porcelain, Ceramics and Glass
- Tribal and Pre-Columbian Art
- Textiles, Carpets and Tapestries
- Works of Art
Thumbs up for ......
Art nouveau furniture by Emile Galle
Most people know Emile Galle for his acid etched glass vases, but he worked with wood and ceramics as well. This working table is a real masterpiece worthy for Tefaf or London, probably made on command, because up till now no other is known to exist. The marqueterie in wood and the sculpture of the primroses is elegant and beautiful. It is a perfect example of the French art nouveau or jugendstil style of the Ecole de Nancy.
Was it of interest? Why not share it with others!